Search

Wednesday

New Name, Same Theme


First off, thank you to everyone who participated in the renaming of my blog. Your words and suggestions helped me come to a decision that I think help mold the direction of my blog and hopefully ads to my marketing message. Having said that, I guess all that's left is to announce the winner. The polls were very close and two names stood out from the rest but in the end one name prevailed. 
 
The winner, Border Line Genius! I think the name really sticks out due to its play on words and being from Laredo, it's a name I can look back to so that I am reminded everyday where I come from. The name I think suggests the educated population in Laredo and also translates a little culture without being too overpowering. There's just one problem, this was my suggested name. If you have been following my blog, you know that I offered as a token of my appreciation for your creative efforts a $25 gift card from Chili's.
 
I guess I will be having a steak and rib combo this weekend. No, I couldn't do that. Instead, what I have decided to do is give the gift card to the very close runner up. And the winner is, Bonnie Rosales! Bonnie suggested the name Super Market: Not Just For Groceries.  I thought her suggestion was  very creative and smart and to tell you the truth I was routing for it. Bonnie has a very creative mind and if you didn't know she also has a blog, Pink Stitches where she writes  about her beautiful family and creative art projects creating anything from quilts to handbags. Even though her name wasn't chosen, I would still like to thank her for her creative suggestion, along with everyone else for being a part of my message.
 
So Bonnie when you read this, send me a message so we can discuss the delivery of your gift card. Thanks again to everyone who has supported me thus far and I look forward to bringing you more insightful marketing info from my blog, Border Line Genius.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Woohoo!! I'm so glad you went with your own suggestion, Juan. It was my favorite of the bunch. But I'll gladly take second for a Chili's gift card! I'll be taking this ribs outta your hands! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much but I didn't go with it. That's what the people voted on. Got to give the people what they want right? :) Congrats!

Unknown said...

Guess I'll have to get ribs another time o_o