Search

Wednesday

How to Choose a Logo


There's no clear cut way to determine how to go about choosing a logo but there are many things to consider when choosing one.  A logo serves more than one purpose and can translate the quality of the service or product your business offers along with the competitive advantages you have. Just recently I was put to the task of choosing the right logo to represent me and the consulting services I offer. One of the things I had to identify was my target audience. Who did I want to attract with my new logo and what was the message I wanted to get across?

 I knew that I wanted to attract small to medium size businesses and the message I wanted to relay was simple, a well organized and professional consulting company that excels in business analysis. As it turns out, choosing a logo wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. From my experience, two heads are better than one, so I creating a poll in which I provided access to the designs I was considering using. I was able to get some insight on what people thought about the different logo's and most importantly I was able to see which logo received the most attention.

 For me, this was the most important aspect because the logo that received the most attention can possibly translate to not only a design that people like but one that creates brand awareness. After much consideration and feedback, it was clear what design would make the best impression on my clients. 

The logo you see at the top of this article is the logo chosen after conducting an informal "focus group". Those that took part in the poll contributed to my decision and I thank you for your participation. The way I went about choosing a logo focused on what I thought would be most important. Others may disagree with my tactics and as mentioned in the introduction of this article, there's no clear cut way in choosing a logo. 

What are some of the tactics you would use to choose your logo?

2 comments:

tricia said...

I like that you're writing about your process as you go through it! That's pretty smart! As you build your marketing base, you can help others do the same! :) Love the new logo!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much. All I want is for others to get something useful out of my experiences and my writing. Appreciate the kind words and glad you like the logo.