Search

Monday

Knowing Your Strengths and Weaknesses


As you know, I've been working really hard on getting  the You Should Be Marketing website up and going. It took a lot of hard work, determination, and most of all time to complete. There are still some minor changes and content that I would like to add but for the most part it's finally finished.

I would say the toughest part about completing the website was the fact that I'm not a web designer and although I was able to come up with content, the look of the site is something I had a lot of trouble with. I struggled for weeks trying to create a site that was user friendly and had a steady flow, but in the end,  it just wasn't doing it.

I had to come to terms and admit that I simply can't do everything by myself. Although saving money in situations when first starting a business is important, getting your message across and in a professional manner is far more critical to the success of your business.

Now that I knew I had reached a plateau it was time to search for a web designer that not only had past experience but one that could implement my content in a format that reached my target audience.

My search brought me to Adrian Garza, a very talented young individual and owner of Digital TechStudios. The choice of working with Adrian proved to be a good one. Not only did the You Should Be Marketing site exceed my expectations, our business relationship extended towards other endeavors as well.

After meeting on several occasions, we both realized that it would be beneficial to join teams. My strengths of course being in business/marketing and his in the web presence and design areas.

I am now part of the team and the new marketing director for Laredo Scene an exclusive web publication & alternative newsweekly that explores trending news, sports, entertainment, fashion, health, entertainment, business and sports in Laredo, Texas.

So what's the point in all this? My point is simple, by realizing that I have certain strengths and weaknesses, I opened many doors. What started off as outsourcing some of my business strategy, turned out to be a partnership that allows me to utilize my strengths and address my weaknesses.

Knowing your strengths and weaknesses  is critical to the success of your business.

Do you know your strengths and have you acknowledged your weaknesses?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great and valuable education i received from you. Marketing Proposals

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments Lisa. Appreciae the positive feedback.